Re: [T3] Carpet set install etc.

On 4 Feb 99, at 23:25, Patrick J. Morton wrote:

> I also noticed that the plastic seat rail guides on one side are split now
> that the seats are out.  Can the seat be re-installed eventhough the
> plastic is cracked?  They do still hold in position on the rail.

Yes, but remove the guides and use a straightedge and straighten the
rails before you remount the seats.  The rails get bent with careless
removing, and that's what breaks the guides.

> My last remaining leak is actually from around
> each windshield wiper arm - where they go through the body of the car.  I
> am not sure how I will ever get at that.  Total disassembly of the under
> dash area I suppose.  Yikes.

Yes, it's a lot of work, but it is likely that your wiper shafts have
rusted to the bushings so that the bushings have been turning.  This
destroys the rubber seals.  You need to take everything apart, free
up the shafts, remove and GREASE them, then reassemble with new
seals.

Jim