Re: [T3] Electric fuel pump safety

Toby,

Not on my VW's but on my Turbo Corvair it has an oil pressure switch
that controls the running of the fuel pump. No oil pressure, no fuel
pump.

It's kind of neat in that, if the car has sat for awhile, and the
carb bowl is empty (the carter YH carb has a very small bowl with
the float in it) all I have to do to start it is turn the key on,
short the two leads together and hold it while the pump runs and
fills the bowl up. A couple pushes on the gas pedal and it fires
right up that way. I believe it works on the same oil pressure as
th¸t»al sender - oh yeah, it's my idiot light sender as well,
3 leads on it.

Regards,
Tom Cloud