[T3] Flywheel pulled.... here's what I found.

OK....  so I took the engine in to a shop to have theNĄ~Jhe
flywheel.... well.... you know that the flywheel has five holes in
it... one big one for the "nut" and four smaller ones for dowels that
come from four alike holes at the end of the crankshaft.... well...
apparentely the flywheel wasn't torqued down enough cause it "flopped"
around quit a bit making that racket that I heard and in the meanwhile
oblonging all holes.... which are now practically oval....
no more crank.... no more engine.... lots of money...
*sigh*
... so it was a long drive home.... untill the guy that was helping me
had an idea... and called a shop to confirm who upon telling the story
suggested the same thing.... drill new holes "off center" ( I know I'm
saying this wrong.. but you get the idea right?)
in the crank.... get a new flywheel... new dowels.. new "nut". and off
I go....
ta daa!!!... the guy said he has a special tool to do this with....
hel'll charge me a hundred bucks to do this.....
whattya think?.....

robert
'73 open heart back