Re: [T3] Break in....

My deepest sympathies to the several of you with sad stories about your T3 suffering the indignities of break-ins, thievery, etc.  One does feel truly violated when this happens, regardless of the monetary loss.

On VWs, the vent window is particularly vulnerable.  I have had, over the years,  3 snapped open -- and therefore ruined-- by jackasses using apparently by nothing more than a large screwdriver.  Once,  the break-in was occasioned because I had a box of candy bars visible in the passenger's seat.  Once, in my Karmann Ghia, it was to steal the radio...and the damage to the dash board was so severe thŸƒËFld have been better off giving the radio to the thief with my compliments.

I now never lock my Squareback.  Why?  Because (a) none of the locks work, (b) the thief can get in anyway but will damage the  car in so doing,  (c) I now live out in the country in rural Utah, where very little of this crap happens, and (d) I am too poor to have anything worth stealing.

I am sorry to hear your stories.  Somehow we often assume the bastards will go after only the BMWs and Lexuses, but it ain't necessarily so.

Phil
dillard@suu.edu