[T3] Break in....

Sorry to hear about the attempt on your car. I had mine hit at work a
few ago, we were backing into the station and surprised the little SOB's
booking over the fence with another guys stereo in hand. They had hit my
Blaupunkt speakers but couldn't get them out of the window ledge. I
don't know why they didn't try to get the CD player, but they didn't.
The only long term damage to the Notch was the bent window latch, I got
another frame at a Bug-Out just haven't got that far on the old
rust-o-ration yet, but it's in the box of parts to be installed. AAR,
since my '73 Ford Fleetside F-100 4X4 got filched years ago, all my
rides have had a kill switch installed + an alarm. I run a wire from the
#one (condensor) side of the coil into (a discreet area in) the
passenger compartment and throug„Á$ëtoggle switch and back to the
distributor. With the switch off-un voila!- no fire to the spark plugs.
Take it from someone that has lost a coil wire in transit, a sparkplug
wire will get you going to where you need to go under 3 cylinders.
Besides, if some s***bag is watching you fiddle under the trunk lid
every time you park, they might get wise to your methods. Sorry to hear
about the thievery, there's a special place in Hell for people who do
that to others.
David Walters
'73 1600 L Notchback
S. FL, USA