Re: [T3] Fuel pump/warning light relay

Ignition on, pump keeps running?  Turn off; remove grey wire (can you - is
it separate?) from pump relay, on front driver's side inner wing / wheel
well.  Turn on.

If pump is not running, the problem must be either a short in that grey
wire, or an ECU problem (it thinks the engine is going).

If the pump keeps running, I thought it could be a short in the relay
contacts powering the pump or an ignition short to the red wire going to
the pump.  But I think Jim said the pump relay was to a permanently live
circuit (not through ignition), so the relay couldn't be shorted, I guess.

I think I'm making sense, but I may have missed something you've already
told us.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.net/