Re: [T3] idle and other stuff...

On 29 Dec 99, at 5:14, mark kaylor wrote:

> and the last thing i'm wondering about is why i'm told that a leaking
> injector would have nothing to do with my car running poorly?
> really?  i was leaking alot of gas, pointing to a bad seal or possibly dirt
> in there blocking the gas.  so it seems to me that this could lead to a dead
> cylinder, after all if its not getting enough gas its not gonna run right,
> right?  and this could possibly lead to poor idle etc??

The fuel pump pumps LOTS of gas that is not needed by the engine and
is just returned to the tank. A little leak will never be noticed. I
once had a hose break rather badly--I'd say it was pouring out about
a cup of gas per minute. The engine still ran fine.

While I understand your reasoning, I have never seen a leak cause any
problems except for a fire, and even then the engine ran fine until
the hose burned thru and it stopped getting gas.