Re: [T3] I'm a Bad Amp!

> ... bottom line... my car doesn't produce enough power
> to run headlights, tailights and then an added amp.

someone with more technical knowledge will be able to give you some
troubleshooting info.  however, just so you know that these cars CAN handle
it, here is my setup:

nice, new alpine tape deck
12 disk cd changer
3 - 4" speakers in front
2 by 50 watt amp to
2 - 6 by 9" speakers in back seat panels
600 watt kenwood amp to
15" JL subwoofer
 and four gauges

the whole electrical system is stock, except for the battery.  i use a red
top spiral dry cell battery (no rust problems, charges faster, holds the
charge longer, and the battery has at least twice the total lifetime of a
normal battery)
my generator is new/rebuilt.  also, i pride myself on making sure my
connections are rock-solid.  i use eyelet crimp connections and bolt-down
the electrical connections whenever possible (i.e. i use the side mounts on
the battery, and not the top clamps)

i have never had any not-enough-power problems with this setup.  so you
should probably check all your connections and make sure they are good and
strong and not corroded.  other than that, there are some technical tests
that jim will probably tell you about.

Dan Hoopes
dan@ewed.net
'67 Square, "Stanley"