Re: [T3] T2 Heads

On 28 Dec 99, at 20:48, Andrew Davidson wrote:

> --- Jim Adney <jadney@vwtype3.org> wrote:
> > On 27 Dec 99, at 23:58, Andrew Davidson wrote:
> >
> > > Does the type 3 engine used in the 68-71
> > Transporters
> > > have the same heads as the ones in my 71 fastback?
> >
> > The 68-71 Transporters had a type 1 engine
>
> I'm mistaken about the year then (what years had the
> type 3 motor?)

None. Even down under I don't think the type 2 ever got a type 3
engine.

Type 2s DID get a type 4 engine starting in 72. This is a different
kind of pancake engine, and none of the parts will interchange with
your type 3. It is a good engine, but the dual carbs are well known
for giving lots of problems. They became FI in 74, and this was a
much better system.