Re: [T3] 68-71 T2 Heads

On 27 Dec 99, at 23:58, Andrew Davidson wrote:

> Does the type 3 engine used in the 68-71 Transporters
> have the same heads as the ones in my 71 fastback?

The 68-71 Transporters had a type 1 engine, but they varied as to
which heads they used. I think that 68-70 used the older single port
head while the 71 got the dual port head. This latter head would be
the same as the 68-71 type 3 dual carb (and right side FI) head, but
not the same as the left side type 3 FI head.

Buses were made in many variations for different markets, so what I
tell you may not apply to some, or all, aussy busses.