[T3] Help Stop the Oil Leak

I have just gotten my squareback up and running after a year of cosmetics. I
have little history on the car. It runs well though a bit tired and it has
an oil leak.

What I do know: When I drained the oil for the first time I noted whoever
had the car last put at least 4 quarts to oil into it. Way over I know!

The oil leak seems to be just forward of the engine at the point that the
Auto trans bolts to the engine. I believe that the oil comes dripping down
from the inside of the Trans housing/engine area. I also think that it is
hitting the fly wheel and spraying out of the bottom of the trans housing,
it seems to be splattering oil on the drivers side heat exchanger, axle etc.
Seems to leak more at higher speeds/loads. When I park it will drip for a
while and stop. Might have about a table spoon at most.

What do you all think? Engine seems dry everywhere else.

What to replace?, How difficult?, How much time? Where should I shop for the
engine seals.

I am thinking about changing out the engine for a rebuilt. I might base my
decision on the oil situation and difficulty to fix.

Chris Picknally
Cottonwood AZ
70 Square, Auto, Purple leopard print