Re: [T3] Windy day driving

> although most of them have sagged a bit. Some of the alignment data
> mentions taking angle measurements with respect to the top of the pan
> tunnel, which I take to mean that that is the car's reference
> horizontal.

wasn't the pan tunnel (or rocker) used to measure for alignment data because
it is a reference that does not change in relation to what you are trying to
align, and not just because it is level with the ground?

there's got to be some numbers on this in one of the manuals.  i remember
when i adjusted my rear torsion bars (a serious pain) that i had to use a
level on the rocker to use as a reference for the trailing arm measurement.
however, i used a degree level, not a construction level, so that i could
take the two numbers and subtract them to get to the correct angle.

anyone have a look-see in their manuals (i'm in chile still, and i didn't
pack my bentley, sorry) to see if there are any specs on ride angles?  maybe
there are numbers on the height from ground to fender bottom, and someone
could load their car to get to those heights and then see what stance the
car has.

this is taking up a lot of bandwidth, but i think it is quite essential for
us to know the true (stock) stance of our cars to be able to modify (or not)
correctly.

Dan Hoopes
'67 Square "Stanley"
Provo, Utah