Re: [T3] need help in a major way!!

On 25 Dec 99, at 13:25, mark kaylor wrote:

> here's the symptoms:  she runs ok when the engine is cold, but when the
> engine heats up, say 15 or more minutes, the engine barely idles when i
> stop, the oil light flickers really badly, and when i start out in first it
> feels like i'm starting out in 2nd or something(in other words, i slam the
> gas and it barely moves, then it will suddenly kick in and i'll go.).  after
> a while it will get to the point of the engine dying every time i have to
> stop, which led to me being stranded last night and today.  see, the car
> won't start up again once it stalls, at least not until the engine is
> completly cool again.

Check the battery voltage with the engine running at medium rpms. It
should be above 13.5V. If it is lower than that replace it..

> one thing i did
> notice though was that my #1 injector was leaking.  i smelled gas when i
> popped open the engine lid, and when i looked down at my injectors on the
> right side the tin over the head was wet with gas.  so i tightened
> everything up, and i didn't seem to leak too much after that, although when
> i got home (or should i say when my car died 4 blocks from my house) it was
> wet again there, and my gas gauge showed a significant drop in gas during
> the short drive.

The leak has nothing to do with your driving problem, but it needs to
be fixed before your car burns up.

External seals are NEVER the problem. Your injector is either leaking
from a cracked hose, or internally. Hose can be replaced, even the 2"
piece crimped to the injector; internal leaks require replacement of
the injector.