[T3] generator problems, rebuild?

Hi all,

My genorator started binding up tuesday night.....  It was sort of embarrising
seeing that I was on a first date.  Oh well..  i happen to have  had a set of
main shaft beraing for  genorator in my tool box for two years...  (i sort of
plan for every problem when driving cross country..  I haven't been on a trip
that I regretted carrying tools and stuff 8-)
Anyway...

If I want to replace the bearings in the genorator do I have to "polorize" it
after reassembly or do I just though it back in....  If so what are the big
things to look out for when polorizing?   Or would you all suggest a rebuilt/new
Bosch... I sort of hate to lay out the $125 that the local LI NY place
charges.... damm  I sort of wish I was still in CA...  The land where the hills
are lined with free VW parts 8-)   ..... but I digress

thanks all

NOTE: please respond to the list or my home email at: ned_glenn@hotmail.com
otherwise I won't get the info untill monday.

Thanks all and Merry xmas, Hanaka, RamaDomm,  Kawanza...  day off!

Ned

Thank You.