Re: [T3] Smoking Ignition, Whining Generator

> Is it possible that your ign sw stuck in the START position so that
> the screaming you heard was the starter and the switch didn't like
> all the current running throught it continuously.
>
> Just a possibility. I have seen the return springs on the switches
> fail.

That is a definate possibility.  While I thought it was the gen., my
hearing is actually pretty poor.  I have for the last six months had a
bit of a problem with the ignition switch.  Instead of turning smoothly
and easily, it has been been somewhat hard to turn, but it has always
returned to the "on" positition from the "start" position.  The sticky
part of turning it was from the "off" position to the "on" position.

But, I know I have a project ahead of me replacing the switch.  It is
now fried.  What are the chances something else got fried too?

As always, thanks for the help.

P.S.  Even though I've been on the list now for 3+ yrs.  I still think
it is the greatest thing.  Before the internet,  a person could never
pool this much collective knowledge on such a subject as Type-3's.  I am
in awe.

Charlie