[T3] Bypass surgery

Shannon,

Yes, we do feel used, but are suspiscious sometimes of our own motives,
even when we read twice or more each day. It is a "user group."

Someone who has had this more recently will offer a better plan but here's
what I did:

It was a long time ago. I did not have the $$ for a new ignition switch and
had not yet heard of "aftermarket" or "boneyard." And I hear you about cold.

I remember pulling the whole plastic connector-like module off the back of
the ignition switch. It was like a plug with all the wires attached to it.
I just let it hang there. I had a short jumper device (wire or something
covered so as not to short out the system, especially on my fingers). When
I was ready to go, I simply jumped the starter wire until it started, then
disconnected the jumper. (Keep the jumper attached to the starter wire, not
to the hot wire in the ignition module.)

The other thing that worked was parking on hills, then jump starting on the
roll (for which you will need a working clutch).

Now your switch breakdown may involve other circuits. If mine did, I'd
catch a warm day and just replace it. A few well placed "goshdarns" and a
beer or a hot chocolate will help!

Gene