Re: [T3] car woes.....

On 20 Dec 99, at 13:07, mark kaylor wrote:

> today in pennsylvania the rain came down.  all day.  lucky for me i had
> errands to run, and spent much of the day in my square.  everything was
> great.  unfortunately for me lancaster has a ton of traffic, i'm talking
> moving 20 feet then sitting for 5 minutes, 20 feet and another 5 minutes.
> like this for a few miles until you hit the city.  so anyway i'm in this
> mess, and its raining, and visibility was bad.  totally crappy weather.  i'm
> less than 3 miles from my house, but this equates to 15 minutes of start and
> stop traffic.  i'm sitting there waiting for the cars in front of me to
> start moving, they do, and i push down on the gas and let the clutch out.
> it felt like i was starting out in 3rd gear, i slammed the gas and my foot
> was off the clutch but the car barely moved, just crept a little, then
> stalled.  i tried to restart but she would not start!

A couple of possibilities:

It really WAS in 3rd gear.
The ignition stuff was all wet and the engine was missing a lot.

See if it is better when things dry out. You have a better chance of
drying out if you can get up to speed and really get the engine
warmed up. I don't think there's any chance that this engine was too
hot.