Re: [T3] Cold Idle question (clarification)

In a message dated 12/16/99 11:03:15 AM Pacific Standard Time, HBakr@aol.com
writes:

<< what I am  so far finding out is that my engine doesn't look like what
Bentley says a 70 should look! For instance, the closest thing I have to an
Electromagnetic Valve is something that looks physically more like the 1972
Pneumatic Mixture Control Valve with a fuel line going from it to injectors
1&2 and NO electrical contacts to it whatsoever! I am now looking beneath the
Intake Air Distributor to verify the statement. Bentley makes that the
Electromagnetic  Valve is located between the manifold tubes for #1&2
cylinders. I can see a 3 prong receptacle sticking out, but NOTHING in
plugged into it >>

And NOW that I have looked, here is a recap and correction;
-This 1972 Pneumatic Mixture..etc turned out to be the Pressure Regulator,
ooops!
- It appears that the PO has severed Fuel & elec. connections to the cold
start electromagnetic valve, hence the unused receptacle and a cut and
plugged fuel line that I always thought was a manifold vacuum line!
Now I understand things better, but the car isn't benefiting yet.
Hisham