[T3] found a neat little thingy in my fuel tank

I cut the rusty '71 tank up to throw it away yesterday,
	and discovered a cool thing inside!  No, not a superman action figure,
a 'cup' around the pickup.  It's as tall as the filter screen, and about
4" in diameter.  I guess the idea is to keep fuel from sloshing away
from the pickup when you're cornering, like a primitive baffle.  The
return line also comes into it, I guess in an effort to keep from
pumping it empty!
	As a general note, altho the '71 wasn't too rusty, lots of the
'emmissions' stuff had rotted away, leaving lots of fuel hose ends open
to the atmosphere.  So much for environmental controls- if you smell gas
in your later car, it's something to check.
	I love taking things apart!
Toby B