Re: [T3] Cold Idle question

HBaker,

My first Squareback refused to run at all during some weather conditions. I
would have to heat up the engine compartment before it would fire. Cold
start was switch was the problem. Disconnecting the injector wire at the
cold start injector in the intake manifold. The dealer finally allowed as
how that would do it, after the third time I had it in there with the same
problem! Yours sounds different. But the D-Jetronic is a pretty simple FI
system, so their mioght be some relationship. Jim, what do you think?

Gene

<<
 What does "totally wiping out the cold idle function" mean?

No more cold idle, i.e the engine stalls till warm. So I have to rev it up,
quickly slip it into gear and floor it. Once it warms up, say in 5 mins or
so, it idles fine again.