RE: [T3] DeathRich Rides Again!

	On some years, there is a FI wire that goes to one of the spade
	connectors on the starter. If this gets accidentally put on the
WRONG
	spade connector it will make the fuel pump run all the time and also

	make the engine run rich. The FI/starter wire should be on a
terminal
	that is hot ONLY when the key is in the START position.

	***I shall investigate this option.  It is hoped, that I will soon
(this or next weekend) have access to a shop with a lift.  *Getting* her
there, that will be another story altogether.

	In my experience, cars with one set of trigger points not contacting

	simply do not run AT ALL.

	***She wasn't (and isn't) *really* running.  Probably won't go over
1100rpm, and *will* idle, if poorly; but won't otherwise move.

	Does your car leak gas if you fill the tank all the way up? Does it
	smell of gas after left turns when the tank is near full? If so, you

	may have pumped a lot dirt in the gas tank through a cracked
overflow
	hose and this dirt is getting in things and screwing them up. This
is
	just a wild guess.

	***Nah; I've had the tank out and boiled.  The connector tube isn't
new, but it's amazingly well-preserved; and I've a fairly new fuel filter
installed.

	The fuel smell *really* comes from the thick, almost smoke-machine
like clouds of smoke coming from the tail-pipe.  If left standing, she'll
put a black soot-mark on the ground, directly under the down-spout.  I'm
concerned, as I don't want to damage my new (less than 3000mi) P&C's.