[T3] a question or two.

there's two things i'm wondering about.  1st, what causes the car to return
to idle?  meaning, when i'm cruising along and i put my clutch in and come
to a stop, what device causes the engine to return to idle.  is there some
kind of decceleration valve or something?  the reason i'm wondering is my
car goes to idle really rough like, i put the clutch in and there's no
decceleration at all, just high rpm's and then bam its idling.  and it seems
to be a little rough on my engine, since the instant this happens the oil
and gen lights flicker for a second then go out.

another thing i'm curious about is this mysterious light in my dash.  i
noticed it one night driving home from work, it seemed like the center of my
dash was glowing a little.  i pulled open my ashtray and what do you know?
there's a light in there that goes on when i put my lights on at night, and
goes off with them.  i can't figure out why it would be there, or how to
turn it off.  i really don't need it.

thanks in advance...

mark.
70 square fi.