[T3] DeathRich Rides Again!

Hullo, Volks!  How are things on my favourite old list?  Everything's well,
I hope.

It's been quite a year in the Valley of the Sunstroke, but the cooler
weather is here to stay, and I've been itching to haul the old Square out
and start terrorizing the desert again.  Sadly, I'm back to rich-condition
purgatory.  I had been battling a distributor that was eating points (and
then FI triggers; really annoying, that), and finally got a good rebuild,
and she ran famously.

Now, sadly, after sitting for five months or so, she just won't go.  She has
spark, she has fuel (boy), she is static-timed to TDC, and the points are
gapped to .016.  When she does start, she runs terribly rough, almost as
though missing, but she seems to have all four infectors firing; and throws
*HUGE* clouds of grayish smoke that absolutely *reeks* of unburned fuel.

The battery has now run down (the combination of having sat for months in
the heat, and the testing and cranking), and I need to get a charge on that
(when I get home from work).  The front fuel relay (the one that only buzzes
for a few seconds when you turn on the key) doesn't ever turn off, to the
beast of my knowledge.  Could this be flooding me out?  If so, where is this
little booger located?  My FLAPS sells them for $35 or so, but it *is* the
holidays, and I kinda need to save some cash.

I look again to my more knowledgeable brethren to assist me in my Type III
travails.  Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks!

James MacNaughton
PC/LAN Technician
602.667.2458
***for general computer questions, please call the UDC Help Desk at
800.967.8895***