[T3] Dome light

I suppose everyone else knows this but me.  I've had this '71 Square
for about 10 years now and it's always been a minor lack that there's
no way to turn the dome light on with the door shut.  I'm used to US
cars where you have an additional position on the dash rheostat that
turns on the dome light.  Well, tonight the light didn't come on after
opening the door, so I pull the dome light out to check the bulb and
push down on the end nearest the door by accident.  It comes on!  I've
never seen an owner's manual and I don't think I've ever seen anything
about it in Bentley.  Very handy.  Now if I can just figure out what's
going on with the pillar switch, I'll be happy.  Does anyone know if a
bug switch can be substituted if need be?  Lots of bug parts around in
this area, few T3s and that's one part I don't have in the spares
pile.