Re: [T3] Performance mystery

JimA=> Is it possible that this is part of the same problem(s)?

I'm holding that thought at about 75% as a matter of basic procedure,
but the connection is so far eluding us.

=> Could it be running too rich?

We think it's running leaner than ever right now -- it was running
consistently rich, and that was something my mechanic had been itching
to fix for a while. (Adjusting the mixture had no apparent effect on
the firing problem, however.)

TobyE=> Is the fuel filter new as well?

Yup.

=> Make sure the fuel lines are in good condition

We're looking at the possibility of a tank or line restriction, but
wouldn't that cut into fuel pressure?

=> Where is the pump located?

Next to the tranny, but again, it ran fine before.

Kieth=> I think its bad or misadjusted accelerator pump.

I'll look at it again.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 Big Ghia.