Re: [T3] carb rebush

I have successfully rebushed my own ( and other peoples carbs )  using a
kit that was available from Schley Products.....
it is not all that difficult....     the kit was listed as part number
84120, this kit is not totally complete....  the one part it does not
include, but is necessary is an 8mm reamer ( the size of the throttle
shaft....)
the kit includes.....

1 -    10mm drill  ( the outside diameter of the new bushes ( with a
slight interference fit....)
2 -    a stop collar for the drill bit ( so that the hole is not drilled
deaper than the width of the new bushing...)
3 -    a bushing instalation drift ( to help with installing the bushing,
it is steped to minimize distortion of the bushing as it is pressed into
place...)
4 -    a small assortment of 3mm, and 8mm wide bushings.... ( brass,
silicone bronze (?))

the process of rebushing the throttle shafts, involves removing the
throttle plate, then disasembly of the throttle plate, removal of the
stock bushes ( aprox 3mm wide) they just pull out wit the use of a
screwdriver....  also removed is a plastic bushing type of insert then the
hole is drilled very slightly larger to accept the new bushing, ( I use a
drill press to maintain alignment) the new bushing is installed ( for this
I replace the 3mm bushing using the 8mm wide bushing to have a larger
support area...  I figure it would last longer than using the 3mm
bushing...)  then using the reamer I ream the hole by hand until the
thottle shaft fits in and moves freely without binding, then assemble them
using a little grease in the shaft bore, and using loctite on the screws
with hold the butterfly in place..... then reasemble the carbs....  I have
done a set of 32pdsit's, a set of 34pdsit's and a 34 pict 3 using this
method and it works great....  no more fuel leaking out the throttle
shafts....

I am not sure where you can buy this kit ( I have had it for a while) but
if you can find a Schley Products distributor they can probably get it for
you... I think I paid 30 for the kit....

need any more info just e-mail me...

Todd Daley
Ontario, Canada
71 Squareback