[T3] Performance mystery

I've got a problem that's stumped two mechanics besides me in two months
of investigation. The engine idles smoothly, revs nicely, carbs are
clean and well balanced, electrical system and timing test good, valve
train is right on, fuel is flowing well to the carbs and visually from
the carbs, everything checks out in the garage. It should run perfectly.
Put it on the rack and run it through the gears, it works fine. Put it
on the street and give it some gas under load, however, and it bogs
instantly, like there's no fuel or not enough spark. Get it going faster
and it hits the rpm ceiling at about 3800 (where it had been 4800).

One thing I'm not sure about: I found my Facet POS fuel pump only
delivering 3lbs pressure, so I got a new one, and that one only produces
3.5lbs. I never tested pressure from the previous one before, just
blithely assuming that it would produce more than the stock pressure
spec of 5lbs. Does anyone have experience with how much pressure these
pumps normally produce? I'm thinking I may have a slow feed line. (I
wouldn't expect that low fuel pressure is the real problem because the
engine bogs down long before the float bowls could be empty).

The problem started with persistent missing and plug fouling. We got
those fixed, and now we've got the new thing.

Vital statistics: 1641 dual-port, stock carbs jetted a bit larger,
Webcam (110 I believe it was), all new electrical sytem, even newer
009 distributor/cap/rotor/points/cond, blue coil and wires, Bosch
Supers, 041 heads, about 10K miles on the engine, 92 octane.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 T3 Ghia