[T3] M.T. Clutch

Hi, Mark.

The advice of others (already offered) regarding adjustment is good. If you
get to "the job," I hope my comments help your emotional state, if not your
mechanical process.

>From my experience, it's good to ask that question about time. My first
efforts at major jobs involving engine removal, which I think is still the
best way to tackle the clutch job. I thought I might get the engine out in
a couple of hours, whisk off the clutch and replace it in an hour and have
the engine back in and whirring happily in an hour and a half. Nice
thought! First time, I had to multiply everything by a long day, so I had
it done in a week, roughly.

If you are absolutely certain that it is the clutch only, and you're sure
that nothing else exposed along the path of uncovering and recovering the
clutch will need to be replaced anytime soon, then good planning, perfect
tools, sunny weather or a garage, and no stuck nuts, a weekend could do it
with time to spare.

The second and third times will be MUCH faster. I now would do this job in
6-10 hours, provided that I had available replacements for any of those
other things that I found in there that were ready to depart. Any shorter
time than this, and I'd be worried that I missed something important.

Smile,

Gene