>1. Acura Vigor
>2. Peugeot 505
>3. Pontiac Firebird
>4. Infiniti J30
>5. Oldsmobile Cutlass
>

>MY feelings:
>1) Hmmmm maybe if I win the lottery.
>2) a PUKE IT??  I think NOT!
>3) Sorry.. I dont like spending my time on the side of the road with the
>hood up.
>4)Win the lottery TWICE
>5) CUTLASS??  A CUTLASS?? do I look like Im wearing a hat and smoking a
>pipe?  I think not.
>
>I got a good laugh and felt like reaching through the screen at times too.

I am not surprised to find both Peugeot 505 and Olds Cutlass pop up in the
top 5 alternatives for a Type III afficionado. I liked the early cutlasses,
and there is something intangible about the later ones that harkens back to
the earlier model's appeal. The Peugot 505 is my "other car." Actually it
is the only one I'm keeping on the road. My life partner has a degenerating
spine. The Peugeot 505 is the ONLY sedan with trailing arm suspension front
and rear AND exceptional seats, some of which come heated. The early
eighties models had the best seat material -- they get too stiff in '86.

When she [Tamara] made it clear that she had to keep driving these cars, I
made the decision that they were just big T3s and committed to learning how
to keep them on the road. They are more complex, but manageable, and the
wagons have enough room for me to stretch out full length in my sleeping
bag, and what a lot of stuff I can bring home from the boneyard!

OK, I'm off subject, and my heart really is in the driver's seat of a Type
III, tooling up a country road in the snow, passing everything on the
road.[Side rant: 4wd is an unnecesary extravagance of design, like so much
else that Detroit has laid on us this century.]

And, Keith, you'd look so good in a fedora and meerschaum!

Gene