Re: [T3] still workin' on fuel hose...

On 5 Dec 99, at 17:26, Stan Schaefer wrote:

> Well, the OEM-type hose I've got on hand is clearly marked 7.5mm on
> the jacket.  As long as we're picking nits here...

Deducing from what I have heard, the OE hose started out as 7mm and
evolved to 7.5mm.

If you try these sizes you will find that even the 7.5mm is a bit of
a stretch to get on the fittings and indeed they will eventually
crack at their points of maximum stretch. 8mm (=5/16") is a much
better fit and lasts MUCH longer. There is NO problem of leakage with
the larger size.

Plus the 5/15" hose comes with the built-in advantage of ready
availability in the US.