Re: [T3] weird happenings.

On 4 Dec 99, at 23:59, mark kaylor wrote:

> further observation showed that
> when i had the key on, only the generator light on the dash lit up, not the
> oil light.

Watch for this and make sure that it's not just a coincidence. If it
happens every time I'd wonder if the engine/tranny was not grounded
(check the ground strap at the nose of the tranny.)

The oil pressure switches sometimes develop poor contact so the light
doesn't come on. This usually goes away with a little heat and/or
vibration. This is an alternate explanation that would have nothing
to do with your starting problem.

  i checked my battery voltage just to be sure.  fully charged.  i
> also checked the voltage when i cranked the key, it didn't move the needle.
> so i'm thinking something is weird here.  so i pushed the car down a small
> hill and popped the clutch.

Could be worn starter brushes, bad solenoid, bad engine/tranny
ground, bad solenoid/starter electrical connection, bad ignition
switch, bad neutral safety switch (AT only.)

> it can't be just a bad solenoid could it?

Sure, but didn't you put in a rebuilt starter? That would have
included the solenoid. Or am I confusing you with someone else with
similar problems?

Jim