[T3] weird happenings.

well some of you know about my starting woes in the past, basically a
mystery problem where the car wouldn't start when it sat for awhile.
well recently its been ok, but yesterday i was ready to go to class, i sat
in the car, turned the key, and nothing.  further observation showed that
when i had the key on, only the generator light on the dash lit up, not the
oil light.  i checked my battery voltage just to be sure.  fully charged.  i
also checked the voltage when i cranked the key, it didn't move the needle.
so i'm thinking something is weird here.  so i pushed the car down a small
hill and popped the clutch.
now here's where things get even weirder.  i was out of gas so i drove to
the nearest gas station, which happened to be about a mile away.  i got gas.
  before i tried starting up again i checked to see if the warning lights
came on, and both did.  huh?  and guess what?  she fired right up.
what the heck is going on?
here's other symptoms.  when its cold, or when its been sitting for awhile,
it does this sort of thing.
and as soon as the car has been started once, its fine.
it can't be just a bad solenoid could it?
believe me i've checked most of the major culprits out, so don't tell me
about doing that stuff like checking wires and connections.  its all there.
i'm confused.

mark.
70 square fi.