[T3] Pertronix Ignitor Dwell

Hi Volks-

I installed a Pertronix ignitor in my 68 Squareback today (.009
distributor, '67 carb set up) and have a question about the dwell setting.
All I can seem to get out of the unit is 55 degrees dwell. There is no
adjustment that can be made (it's the one-piece circle mount for mechanical
advance distributiors as opposed to the 2-piece mount for vacuum advance
distributors which *is* adjustable) as it is supposed to just bolt straight
in and "work". Should I just go ahead and adjust my timing and leave it at
that? Or am I going to fry something or lose power (etc) if I drive with a
55 degree dwell setting? Of course, with points and condenser I've had it
set to 50 deg for decades, so I'm a bit paranoid about this new piece of
hardware. TIA for any tips/advise!!

Dave Y.
68 Square