Re: [T3] Generator wrenches (sort of)

personal story for encouragement:

>In an emergency there is no harm in driving with a broken belt. I
>once drove beltless for 2.5 hours (in daylight) and still had enough
>battery to restart the car after getting all the way home. It
>appeared that I could have driven much farther.
>
>I'm sure things would have been much worse if I had needed lights,
>wipers, etc, and, yes, I turned off the radio.

Yep, Jim, worse. One night in the late seventies, I was on a rather long
trip to my Dad's. The last ten miles were going to be done by stealth.
Right! The lights got dimmer until the fuel injection couldn't get enough
power with them on -- I turned them off (moonlit night). Fortunately, a guy
pulled up on a long slow hill and offered to be my headlights, as I had
another three miles to a warm bed for the night. PHEW!

And my friends still wonder why I love these cars!?

Gene