Re: [T3] bus transaxle into a 70 squareback

For further info, I have a stock engine (for now) but the tires do bog it
down too much.  I have bus CV's and thing axle stubs(that accept the larger
bus cv's).  when I worked on it last night, I found that I don't know how
far forward the tranny should go.  The stock bus mount is like 1.5", a type
3 mount is like 2" and thw 3/16" thick solid bus to bug plate is obviously
only 3/16" thick. (for referance a bug mount is about 1 to 1.5" thick).  I
don't know if people usually modify the shifting shaft or if the spacing
somehow just works.

thanks
ryan