Re: [T3] 6v to 12v conversion

On 1 Dec 99, at 21:39, neil verdon wrote:

> hi there can i use my 6volt relays on a 12v conversion  anybody need any 6v
> stuff

No, the 12V will burn them up. You have to replace everything
electrical except for the starter. While I hear that you can expect
"reasonable" life from a 6V starter running on 12V, you will
probably eventually want a 12V starter.

Most people start out this project without realizing HOW MANY
things there are to change! It is usually better to just stick to 6V
and fix the PROBLEM areas.

Jim
-
Jim Adney     jadney@vwtype3.org