RE: [T3] puyallup show

Hey ñ/,

I also attended the Puyallup show. I felt like a heroin junkie finally
getting a fix. The Type 3 turn out for this show was exceptional.
Considering there were only about 50 cars total. I counted 5 Type 3's.
Like said previously, there were a couple dark side Fastbacks. One had a
color matching trailer, the kind with one wheel. And lots of cool
accesories. The other Fastback that was more impressive to me was a
light cream colored slightly dark side car. I took pics of this car and I
will upload them when I get a chance. The most impressive thing about it
was the original looking interior, all in red. I rember a discussion about
this interior in a thread a while back. It didn't strike me as anything
that I would desire, but after seeing it, WOW, a red dash is just about
the coolest thing I've ever seen. The only Notchback was a '65 not a '63 (
it had the old Washington State '63 plates on it). I spoke briefly with
the owner, and he had two sets of side draft carbs, and was willing to
trade me one for my Solex '34's. Unfortunately, The engine in my Notchback
is a dual port. Man, there were some sweet Type 3's in the parking lot. I
took pics of all that I could find. The one that I really remember was
an early Fastback with 16" Momo racer rims with 235/40/16's on them.
Man, did that look cool. It was light blue. Oh, yea, there was a nice
blue, all stock '69 Squareback for sale. I took a pic of the FS sign,
when I get the pics back, I'll post the info.

As far as stuff for sale: There was a yellow Notch that was sold.
$1500 - totally gutted, with old wheels and tires, but with a brand
new paint job. Looked like the paint alone was worth the money. I
meet a guy that had a pair of all red flat tail lenses for sale.
They had the Hella logo on them and looked like NOS. Brand new. He
wanted $100 for the pair. I have his card, He has two pair total. If
anyone needs these, I can give you his phone number. That's all for now.

Phillip Bradfield - Portland, Oregon

'63 Notchback w/ 68 pan - waiting for brake, e-3ݔl, and carb work
'68 Squareback - waiting for '67 euro fenders and front clip
'69 Squareback - chopped 3 1/2" currently getting the drip rails shaved
'96 Jetta GL - Neuspeed P-Chip and short shift kit, that's all for now