RE: [T3] Brake upgrades.

Yep, had 'em cross-drilled, mostly because my stopping tends to be more
quick than gradual.  Since my rims are solid the¹Ðêƒon't get good a
cross flow of cooling air.  The drillings help (not a lot, mind you) in
cooling.  They are great when it comes to wet weather driving as the
recovery time is much quicker should the discs have water on them (pad
hydroplaning).  The drillings also allow a place for gasses to escape under
hot braking (lessens brake fad due to gassing).  And no, the discs aren't
warped.  That happens when you race around for a long period and heavily use
your brakes -- unless you're gonna race your T3 in La Manns this isn't even
a consideration.

As for rear kits...just talked to a gentleman yesterday at the Puyallup VW
show and he told me he saw a kit for sale that uses 914 calipers.  Check one
of the recent magazines.  I have them at home and, of course, will make a
check myself as this is a conversion I want to perform and I just happen to
have a functional pair of calipers...  :)

   Toby Erkson
   '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, R.I.P., ORPCA member
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chipped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.pobox.com/~toby_erkson/