FW: [T3] horn relay?

It sounds like the muir "install a ford starter relay" trick.  This helps,
like Jim mentioned' save the key switch contacts.  The VW's sometimes had a
problem with the juice for the starter going from the battery to the key
switch then all the way back to the starter.  This causes a voltage drop in
the length of wire.  Muir suggests running a cable from the starter to the
relay then to the battery.  This eliminates about 10+ feet of wire.  The
relays are about five bucks at any flaps.  Just ask for a starter relay for
a 70's ford truck.  Then show them the old one you have.  Its actually a
good idea to leave it in to keep more current getting to the starter.

Thank You,

Jason Renville
Jrenville@wafertech.com