Re: [T3] horn relay?

On 24 Apr 99, at 14:44, Bill Niles wrote:

> So, all of a sudden my notch doesn't want to start this morning.
>
> When I turn the key I get a click but that's it.
>
> Rolled under the car. Put a screwdriver across from the battery terminal on
> the starter to the switch terminal. Starter takes off without a hesitation,
>
> So I'm looking at the whole starter setup and I realize there is some other
> gadget that has been added to the mix. From looking at Muir's book and his
> description it sounds like the horn relay that he says to use if you aren't
> getting enough juice from the ignition switch to the solenoid.
>
> I began to wonder if this thing had gone bad so I bypassed it. I simply
> took the wire from the ignition and connect it to the started instead of
> the gadget. Car started right up.
>
> Soooo... What is this device? Horn relay?

Some of these cars, especially ones with AT that have the extra
Neutral Safety Switch in the shift lever, have trouble starting
sometimes. The relay is a way to get power straight to the starter
and saving the contacts in the ignition switch and the safety switch.

There must be something wrong with your relay or the wiring going to
it.

Jim