Re: [T3] What is it.

On 20 Apr 99, at 23:39, A75RV@aol.com wrote:

> I was giving my newly aquired 73 square a good bath when I noticed up in the
> front left wheel well a rusted out oval box of some sort that has been metal
> strapped up there.  What the heck could that be?

It is the gas overflow tank. By now it is probably doing nothing, so
if things are getting rusty you should just remove it and re-route
the tank overflow line to a place where it can vent without drawing
in water.

If you pull up the mat in the front trunk you will find a rubber plug
at the RF corner of the gas tank. Pull this plug out and cut the tip
off of it; this will convert it to a grommet. Route the line that
used to run outside through this grommet instead. If it just goes
through this grommet and 2" more that will be fine.

You MUST verify that all these tubes and hoses are clear before you
are done. It is common for many of the mµÉes to rust up inside
and not allow air into the tank as gas is used up. This can cause air
pressure to crush the tank!

Jim