From: Renville, Jason [mailto:JRenville@wafertech.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 1999 2:42 AM
To: a vw
Subject: [T3] auto to manual or not

While we are talking about automatic transmissions.  Has anyone built an
auto for more aggressive driving and more powerful motor.  I like the
idea
of automatic but would like a little more strength in the trans.  I am
buying a square that has an 1835 in it wit about 8K miles.  The guy
roasted
the trans in that short  time.  Granted the trans was probably bone
stock
and never been touched but I don't want to dump $1000 bucks for a trans
only
to be rebuilding it in a Year.

I'm looking for availability of shift kits or any builder know that does
this type of work.  I think I heard that some other import uses a
similar
trans? Anyone heard of this?