[T3] Subaru Conversions...?!

A friend of mine is toying with the idea with squeezing a Subaru engine in
the back of his bug.
I *know* it's possibly sacriligeous, but wouldn't a Fasty/Square be a better
bet?
They've got better cooling and more space for the engine?
The next question is:
Has anyone seen or heard of this conversion before?  And are there websites
detailing such a conversion?

Please reply direct to me if you can help as I'll pass all info onto my
mate.
Cheers!

James
71 FI Fasty "Moby"-no Scooby Doo engine for me mate!
73 FI Auto Fasty "Red"-I'd rather it didn't run than put one of them in!
And it doesn't :(