RE: Overheating '67

	<My comments below...>

	The theory is that when you are relying on the pump to SUCK the gas
	from the tank that you can only such so hard before the gas
	vaporizeds and you are sucking vapor. Now suddenly the only thing
	coming out of the pump is vapor and this doesn't sit nicely in the
	carb float bowl anymore.

you, as you're the first in my relatively meager 16 years of working on cars
that made an intelligent response to my dad's prejudices); but, how would it
vapourise the fuel by sucking on it?  Wouldn't that require *some* air leak
*somewhere*?  I really do want to know, because a *lot* of people believe in
vapour lock, and while I've never (with the help of my dad) 'had' vapour
lock, my dad *is* human.

	In the case of the type 3, I understand that the gas tank is high
	enough that the carbs will actually fill from gravity feed if the
	tank is more than 1/2 full. In this case I think I would check to
	make sure that the filter screen in the bottom of the tank is not
	clogged. If it were, it could promote vapor lock, but only cleaning
	the screen would cure it.

	Yet more cool things to know.