[T3] super-geeky things to do with your FI parts

Hey Volks, after having lots of trouble getting my fastback to run properly
with the FI having sat for over a year, I decided to eliminate faulty
injectors as the cause, having already checked for air leaks and wiring
problems.  I have (fortunately) a spare set of stock injectors, so I sent
them to R.C. Engineering (http://www.rceng.com) for their $24.00
test/clean/calibrate/test procedure.  I sent them FedEx on Thursday
afternoon, with instructions for them to call me when they were ready to
ship.  RC claims 24 hour turnaround (yeah, right, I'm thinking).  When I got
home from work on Friday, RC Engineering called me and WAS ready to ship.
Pleasantly surprised, I set it up for Saturday delivery and received them
yesterday when I got home.  Incredible service.  What do you get?  When RC
receives the injectors, they test them for flow rate (as received), then
they remove the plastic tip around the needle, clean the whole works
ultrasonically then rebuild the injector.  Then they test it a second time
to verify an improvement.  According to the test chart they sent me with the
injectors, my 4 injectors flowed an average of 337.6 cc/min (@43 PSI) before
cleaning with 2.6% difference in flow between them.  Afterwards, the
injectors flowed an average of 344.8 cc/min (@43 PSI)with only .2%
difference in flow.  They also paint the body of the injectors (I believe),
because they are all a nice uniform grey color.  I'm very satisfied with the
results so far - I haven't had a chance to put them in yet because the
weather is absolutely terrible.  Cold and rainy, I think we got Toby's
weather by mistake today.  °y you know how they work out once I get
them re-installed on the engine.  So far, this seems to be a good
alternative to buying new injectors, roughly half the price and much faster
turnaround.  I plan on getting the other set (that are on the engine now)
done as well for a spare set.  Total cost (including Saturday delivery) was
$129.75 USD.

Jake Kooser