[T3] Notch still here.

Nope, I haven't sold it yet.
Lots of offers, I just seem to not have time to show it to folks.
I am waiting for someone with a 1962 deluxe type 2 to show up some day
to trade for my Notch.  Need a family hauler.

There are two Notches for sale here in San Diego.  One is $6000 and the other
$5800.  I went and saw them. One is about the same as mine.
The other has better paint, but it is no longer stock. custom paint and wheels,
some Japanese seats and a lot of cutting to install CD Player, etc.
For $3250 or type 2 trade, mine is bone stock.  I just don't have the
time to show it to a hundred people that just want to look at a Notch.
Jim Adney says I should be proud to show it off, but I just don't have time.

I have a lot of spare parts including a perfect pan.
So bring cash and a truck to San Diego and get it.
I need the garage for another project.  My '62 Beetle.
I would keep the Notch I just have my heart set on a '62 Kombi Deluxe
The Notch is great, but it is a '65.
I was born in '62.  So I want another 37 year old VW too...

I have around 4k in this car.
After I got it, I replaced the entire braking system.
New master and all wheel cylinders, all hoses and lines too.
You know how pricey these are for 1965 type 3's right?
I had the door handles and bumpers re-chromed as well as the license
light housing with the "S"... Hand Polished Triple Plating.  $1073.00
It needs the interior re-done and pop-out window seals.
I did rebuild the carbs and tune it up.
I did the front wheel bearings.
It has a type 2 muffler on it right now.
Works fine but it isn't correct for the car.
I searched until I found an original German 1965 type 3 muffler with
tail pipe and tip.  Very pricey but I wanted it.
It comes with the car.  It is Brand new NOS.
I put 6 volt Hella H4's in the car.
New NOS side marker lenses and new NOS body moulding were also installed.
I found an under dash package shelf and installedm›
I just want a type 2 for hauling my wife and son around in...
Come on give Schmoopy a good home.
Chris in San Diego... NONA and Air Cooled Club of San Diego member.