[T3] My Type3 Weekend

Hey -

Thought Ij»pChare my T3 experiences this weekend.

First - I saw my cars long lost sibling in a neighboring town.  It was a
late, light blue Square pulled into the Hardee's.  At least it was on
the road.  Only saw as I passed by on the highway, but will need to keep
my eyes open this summer and try to find the owner.

Second - Spent some time with my car.  I pulled off both trashed rear
fenders.  The good news is that the driver's side is salvagable.  Only
some realtively minor rust around the lower edge behind the wheel well
and some rust around the "bondo'd over" (8^()torsion bar access cover.
The passenger side is trashed, but I already knew that.  The bad news is
that the inner fender in both sides has been "repaired".  Somebody used
expended metal (mesh) and LOTS of bondo to mend the holes in the inner
fenders behind the wheel wells.  Need less to say (but I will anyway)
this only caused more rust and there is rust on the front of the inner
fender well.  The outside of the fresh air ducting is rusted out at the
bottom.  Looks like the drains were pretty well blocked up.

It was not actually as bad as I thought it would be, and it is
definitely salvagable.  So I was pretty happy.

Next on the list, removing the front fenders for inspection.  We'll see
what we find.

Til later,
John Jaranson
'71 FI Auto Fasty (no rear fenders......)