Re: [T3] Tire/Wheel size

geo wienhold wrote:

> Has anyone  had any experience with any other tire and wheel combi'ï0 that us Type 3 owners have had to endure over the years. Will a 16"or 17"
> wheel fit and what size tires could be fitted to them. Thank you for any
> help - geo

I've seen in numerous German mags Beetles running 7-8x17" wheels with
205/50-17 or 7-8x18" with 205/40-18 tires. One nice place to stop by to check
this is http://www.Beetlechoose.de . They basically sell parts for T1, T1KG
and T2s, but wheels are interchangeable from T1 to T3. so just click your
way, the pages are avaliable in English, too. The wheels available for the
Bug (and also the T3) range from 7x17 to 11x18 in various Porsche styles, and
they also have drums, discs or adapters to make the Porsche wheels fit any
VW.
Of course, I have nothing to do with this vendor, I'm just a VW fan like all
of us.

PerL
'73 Square (that wants those 17" Cup wheels)
Arendal, Norway