Re: [T3] HVLP

On 10 Apr 99, at 12:21, Forsman/Harris wrote:

> Jim wrote:  "I think there is also a potential for some problems from
> the cooling that takes place at the regulator. This can put out freezing
>
> cold air that will affect the way the paint goes on."
>
> But you do want cooling, right?  ]xݑn told I should run the air
> through a cold pipe equiped with a drain at its lowest elevation to cool
> the air and allow for a way to get rid of the condensed moisture.

It seems to me that cool air would be a plus as far a pollution goes,
because the cold air would cool the paint and reduce the early
evaporation of solvent, thus reducing the amount of solvent needed. I
would worry about the tendency for the air to start out at room temp
and then cool down as you ran your system.

The down side would be the tendency for water to condense out of the
air. If you can get that out before it gets to the gun then it will
be no problem.

Jim