Re: vw air compressors

Toby wrote:
"Why not oil free?"

Durability.  And yes, cast iron, too.

"Define smallish.  Tank capacity, horsepower, CFM, what?"

The whole point of using a…i|Íke "smallish" is that you get to avoid
being specific.  :  )

Anyway, figure out what you want/need.  I'm an apartment dweller; so, a
120 volt, 20 gallon model, with wheels and a handle fit my needs.
Someday, when I have a more permanent space, and more money, I'll get
some great gargantuan one, preferably something built at least forty
years ago -- I like old stuff.  I'll probably still be happy to have a
portable one, even then; and I purchased this one with an eye to it
lasting a long time.

Eric Forsman, '73 Square
Baltimore, MD
cc replies to: forsman/harris@jhu.edu